What's it like on Sunday morning at THE RISING?
First, we don't think there's one "right way" to do church. We think traditonal churches, modern churches, denominational churches and non-denominational churches all have their place in God's plan to bless the world! That being said, these are the distinctives of THE RISING:
* Dress is casual (wear what you want)
* Sunday's adult service is high-energy & loud - like a rock concert (earplugs available)
* The service lasts about 70 minutes
* Kids from birth through junior high have their own services on Sundays
* We operate a full specialty coffee shop (we don't charge - donations only)
* Our atmosphere is "low key" with many places to sit and chill out
* We don't "pass the plate" - we use collection boxes throughout the building
* We understand life change to be a process, so we accept people where they are in their spiritual journey
* Our pastor's sermons are application oriented, Bible-centered, and positive in tone
* We focus on what unites us (i.e. our love for God), not what divides us (i.e. differing political opinions)
* Several hundred people attend, so as a newcomer, you don't have to worry about "sticking out"